Jan 10, 2009

Saturday thoughts

Today was one of the most beautiful days we've had in a long, long time! Days like today are my favorites. It was in the low-mid 60s, slightly breezy, and sunny. I slept late and opened the windows until late afternoon. I cleaned the house, put the three heaps of clothes that have been waiting to be placed in their respectable places for over a week laundry away, and enjoyed the fresh air. It was near perfect!

I heard something today that is profound and real. It's simple, but it's deep, and it's made me think even more than usual about giving and why we give. Combined with something else that has come up with someone dear to me, I've been soul searching and sorting out my own giving practices.

"When we forsake the lives of others, we actually forsake our own."

Ponder this. I'll write more about it in Monday's Do Something post.

'Til then, enjoy the weekend and thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

I am glad you were able to put your loads of laundry away, lol! Sounds like lovely weather. Have a great weekend.

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub