Dec 20, 2008

Waiting....

Bad weather + air travel + December snow storms = sad, sad travelers and sad, sad people-who-wait-for-travelers.

The flight that was supposed to have arrived last night has still not made any progress. What's worse is that there is another storm coming through tomorrow morning so if he can't get out of Boston tonight then it will be at least Tuesday before he could try again... and with that he says he would just wait and come the following week (what?!). Boo!

So I'm waiting... and it's not so fun. Anyone have fun things to do while you wait? At least I'm at home waiting but... I've already cleaned the house, washed everything that could possibly be washed (yippee thanks to my wonderful new pantyhose clad dryer!), run the dishwasher, vacuumed, wrapped presents, bathed Nola, wet-jetted the floors, called mom, knit three scarves, cleaned the counters, shredded old bills.... ugh. I have pay-per-view coupons but there aren't any good movies on.

Sigh.

I did find a neat article from AKC. Check it:

AKC Survey Finds Dog Owners Willing to Kick Caffeine Addiction for Canine Affection
[Monday, December 08, 2008]
- Current Economic Woes No Competition For Americans’ Dedication to Their Dogs -
A survey conducted this month by the American Kennel Club® shows that despite a tough economy, pet owners are willing to sacrifice many daily luxuries to provide for the needs of their canine companions.


[New text from D: "The flight attendant 4 flight isnt here until at least 1030 cuz of delays so they r trying to find another." This is good news considering! Now, back to waiting...]

Ok, re: the AKC article. If you have a dog, read it. I'm interested in your thoughts.

2 comments:

~CC~ said...

Okay, I'll be the first to admit I love my latte. Mmm... Venti,vanilla latte, yum! However, I would sacrifice my latte's and pretty much anything else for my pooches. I would never have them want for anything, they bring me a great amount of joy. I love seeing their little faces greet me at the door every day!

~CC~ said...

Hey as long as you're knitting scarves! :)

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub