Dec 3, 2008

Not much...

I don't have anything too insightful to chat about today. It's been an exhausting week with all that's going on for World AIDS Day [Week]. I did manage to make lasagna last night for dinner and I'm sooo ready to head home for lunch!

I have some things to post about soon... including The Great Escape: Keep it Simple Challenge (which, for the record, we've pushed back and are obviously not doing this week!) and my favorite dog things. Til then, bear with me as I ramble about my crazy week.

As a complete side note, last night when I ran into the mall to pay a department store bill, I was happily greeted by a person who was standing beside the door, ringing a bell and collecting money in a red pot. I hate this. Not because it's giving, because I enjoy giving. But I hate it because every time I walk past them, I feel like my lack of giving is being judged. I hate it because I feel guilty for NOT giving despite the fact that I still GIVE... just not to that particiular organization. I hate it because of the way it makes me feel when I don't give. It shouldn't be that way. Giving should be an enjoyable experience. I wish they'd find another way of fundraising. Maybe it's just me being selfish... yes, again.

Ok, I hadn't planned to get all serious today. I have a pile of paper on my desk that has to go somewhere, but instead of tackling that, I thought I'd blog for a bit. Now I have a string of thoughts going through my head but, lasagna calls so have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub