Sep 20, 2010

Outlive Your Life

I read Crazy Love, The Hole in the Gospel, When Helping Hurts... so I was not planning to request Outlive Your Life - it just seemed redundant. But I am SO glad I did! I got my book late so I didn't get to finish it on the timeline I'd planned, but I LOVED it! It's by Max Lucado and it is awesome. The message is not new - it's about helping others and what we go through to make decisions on when and how we act (and react).

The main message is that ordinary people are the ones who change the world. Ordinary people. God does not call the equipped or qualified, He equips and qualifies the called. Outlive Your Life takes several examples of people who were called years ago, Peter, Jonah, and Moses for example, and compares their fears of following and leading to our fears.

I really thought this would be overkill, but I found myself underlining sentences and tagging pages... Such a great book! I also like that Max Lucado is donating profits of this book to World Vision.

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub