Sep 26, 2010

How would you change?

Bible Study started back last week.  This time we are doing Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed (Prisilla Shirer, Beth Moore, Kay Arthur).  Wow - I'm loving it.  The first week has been okay but today I was listening to the second audio session by Pricilla Shirer and had to share her opening...

She talked about how she was at a fitness boot camp with her friend.  You know the kind with the Army guy who comes and does all the drills and such... so they were doing push-ups or something like that and her friend had her eyes closed and was really struggling and had NO idea that the Army guy in charge was right there standing by them watching and Pricilla said she was trying to give her friend cues so she'd know she needed to perk up and stop the struggle and silent complaining... isn't it funny how different we are when the teacher or trainer is watching RIGHT there?!  So she then says...

How would your day change if you knew GOD was right there?

Um, excuse me while I gather myself... yikes.  How convicting is that?!  Definitely something to think about.  He is there.  He is watching. 

2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

How would your day change?  I know mine would, and will with that verse in mind.  I will be more patient, more aware, more open...

I have a feeling this study is going to be a good one!

4 comments:

pippasmum said...

I'm loving this study, too. Isn't it great when they really get you in your real life?

Nellie Dee said...

Your post caught my eye because of the subject of "anointed". I have been pondering this for the past 1/2 week or so and posted about it yesterday. Sounds like an interesting study, for sure. I'd love to hear more of what she might say about our anointing.

Jill Foley said...

This study is so good already - it's exactly what I needed in regards to my parenting of one of my children. God has chosen me, fortified me and equipped ME to be her mother. My life is already different from accepting this simple truth.

Joyewonder said...

Wow! That's a great story to tie into practice. Sounds like your study is really good!

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub