Aug 28, 2010

It's...

a BOY!
Sonograms have really come a loooong way! We found out on the 24th that we're having a baby boy! That meant packing up all the sweet little girl blankets I'd made and sorting through fabric to try and find some of the blues... This will be the first BOY on my side of the family in four generations, so safe to say most of us were very surprised!!! Also interesting to note, all of the old wives tales pointed to girl - high heart rate (172,160, 155), sick/sick/sick, Chinese gender chart, etc... originally, I thought boy simply because SO many people I know have had boys in the last year so statistically it had to be a boy, but then I thought girl... It's taken some time to really get into the BOY mode, but I'm slowly getting there.

I've been doing lots of shopping and have picked up some really cute things. Boy clothes have come a long way, but they still don't totally compare. I don't understand why most boy clothes have to have an animal on them. I like animals, don't get me wrong, but they are not the only thing that a boy could wear... if anyone works in textiles, please do something about this!

I have a penis growing inside me - that is the most BIZARRE thing ever! I'm well aware that I'm not the first person to have a little boy, but I just cannot grasp the concept... It was for sure a girl baby! I knew it. Mom knew it. Sister knew it. But it was ALL BOY!

We'll announce his name soon - we've had girl and boy names picked out for weeks, if you really can't wait to know, you're welcome to email me ;) Otherwise, expect a name reveal post soon!

5 comments:

Kitten said...

The first picture looks like he's got his head in his hands, as if he's thinking.

I know what you mean by a surprise. There is only ONE male grandchild on either side of the family. Needless to say, he's the prince.

Sarah said...

I am so thrilled for you (I would be thrilled with a girl, too!). I hear you on the clothing, it's much more fun for girls but I have fallen in love with little overalls, too.
Savour every wonderful moment - the time passes too quickly.

Britt :) said...

Congrats, that's so exciting! You are too funny! Can hardly wait for the name :)

GinH said...

Thanks girls, we're excited to finally know it's a boy so we can start thinking forward!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing really hard at the "I have a penis growing inside me" line!!!

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub