Aug 12, 2010

A Hole in the what?

Recently, Thomas Nelson allowed me to review A Hole in the Gospel. Wow. It was not what I was expecting. I LOVED this book! I thought it would be just another, the Bible says this and this is why we should do it type books...

Instead, I was surprised by the part autobiography/personal growth and part expression of need. Not only that, it was AWESOME that at the end, there were actually things one could do to make a difference.

Written by Rich Stearns, President of World Vision, 100% of all profits benefit World Vision programs. This is definitely one of my favorite books!

1 comment:

Joyewonder said...

I'm going to check it out! I am just about finished with "Crazy Love" after reading about it on your blog (really good so far), and then I'll dive right into this one! ^_^

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub