Nov 5, 2008

Reflection

Fall is one of my most favorite seasons (yeah, I know there's only four) and I absolutely LOVE the trees and watching the leaves fall into big colorful piles all over the ground, and having my windows open when I'm home, and curling up in cozy pajamas and quilts...

I find myself reflecting upon life more during this time of year than any other. Maybe the cool weather stirs something inside, but it's when I become restless and eager to bounce onto all sorts of possiblities.

This year, I've realized that I seek something deeper inside myself. Maybe we have two mid-life crisises, one in the first half of life and one in the second half of life? Nevertheless, one thing I do know is that I am seeking to be nearer to God. Somehow in the last couple of years I have lost what I once had. I still pray, I still have faith, and I still believe, but I've lost my relationship. Caveman bought me a book called No Small Snakes and it's been nice reading someone else's journey. I'm also reading Hope Lives as part of a study group with some of my Compassion friends. Actually, one of the girls who works at Compassion wrote it (how neat is that?!).

As I journey to a place where I want to be, I've found comfort in the following verses:

-Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)

-They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

-And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

1 comment:

~CC~ said...

I am so glad you are a positive force in my life. Thanks friend.

~K

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub