Nov 26, 2008

Go and do the same.

As the holiday season begins I am trying to keep myself focused on what is most important. God. I am trying to reflect more upon where I want to be in my faith and where I want to be in life as called by my faith. Over the last few months I have lost so much movtivation, but have prayed for renewal. I know He is answering my prayer. As silly as it sounds, even having this blog has helped me. It's a place where I can record my thoughts and follow myself, in a different way. It make not make much sense but it works for me!

I've been in Boston this week and have been enjoying some time taking a break from routine. It's been so nice! I have so much loved having Nola with me this time. Today we went to the cutest pet store called The Pet Cabaret. I'd seen it last month when I was here but it was closed the only day we could go. Today, fuimos! It was great! They had all sorts of natural products and... they had the earth orbee toy from Planet Dog that I'd refused to order because of the shipping charges. As we were checking out I also grabbed some turkey jerky things and a deer antler, oh and a bully stick. Let's just say, that deer antler... best. thing. ever. It's SO cool. Apparently, they don't splinter and well, I'll have to write a separate post about my favorite dog things because I could obviously go on and on about that...

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'll spare you the long list of things I'm thankful for (it's long!). We'll be going to Caveman's old boss' house and I will tell ya how thankful I am to NOT be cooking a full meal. Tonight, I made three huge casserole sized homemade macaroni and cheeses, two lasagnas, and a candy bar cake and I would be fine not being in a kitchen for the rest of this year!

On Thanksgiving I'll be praying from 11:00-11:20 PM for people around the world who don't have food and safe water. I'm glad to be doing this as it reminds me of what Jesus would want us to do, remember those who aren't as fortunate as we are. We are so blessed to live in the US and to have access to all that we do... Luke 10:37 says, "Go and do the same." I'd like to think that on Thanksgiving, Jesus would have invited the sick, widowed, afflicted, and poor to his house for dinner. While I won't be able to do that, I can remind myself just what this season is really about.

(And about that list of favorite dog stuff, stay tuned!) :)

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub