Nov 18, 2008

Moms forced to pick which kids eat, which die

Did you know this week is World Hunger Relief Week? I know I've gone on and on about the global food crisis for the last week but the headline in the subject line caught my attention on CNN today. I remember a song I heard years ago (it was a song on a tape [yeah, that long ago!] from Compassion) called Ti Chape. In parts of Haiti children are not named until they are several months old because malnutrition is that bad. So bad that mothers may not even produce enough breastmilk to sustain their infant children. These babies are called "ti chape" until they are named. The article on CNN highlights Haiti and discusses the Wall Street bail out in comparison. Sigh. Check it out.

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub