Nov 14, 2008

God is good...and I might have a mouse!

Part I
... so remember my passionate tirade about helping others and how we spend frivolously? Well, I had a little situation yesterday. See, I was at work and it was a really slow night. One of the girls decided she needed coffee. Because it was a little chilly, wet and rainy, and slow in the shop, I decided that yeah, I could splurge. I immediately felt bad though because I'd just been reflecting on how I should stop spending unnecessarily.

Against my better judgement I requested a mocha. And I ultimately decided that I really don't get coffees much and Starbucks is sooo good, so it's an ok splurge. I was okay with that (sort of, I tried to tell myself that anyway). When my coffee arrived I didn't have a receipt -- not that I needed one but it's nice to keep up with all that frivolous spending ya know -- so I asked if I had one. "Oh, she didn't charge you." Huh? Yep, it was free! A free Starbucks mocha, Mmm! And you tell me how many times THAT happens! (See yesterday's post about Luke 6:28) :)

Part II
Oh dear, oh dear, OH DEAR!!! Where do I even begin. Well... last night as I was getting ready for bed (finally, oh man it was so late!) I saw my silly Luka in Nola's crate. It was SO funny I decided to get my camera. (I find him in there a lot lately, maybe he needs his own crate.) By the time I got back into the bedroom, Finley had nestled beside him. It was adorable!


So I'm on the floor with the camera just snapping away and Nola comes to sit beside me. That's when I hear it. "Squeak." "Squeak." "Squeakkkkk." NO WAY. Of course I FLY onto the bed and stare at the closet. It cannot be. There is no way. Then I remember the laundry room...

I'd gone in to grab the vacuum cleaner just a couple days ago and noticed ceiling stuff on some boxes. Odd. I looked up and realized that some of the stuffing from around the water heater pipe had come loose. Hmm...well that could be a slight creature disaster... but I'm in a condo and someone lives above me, so I dismissed it. Wrong, wrong, WRONG! So, in the midst of pouring rain and thunder, I will be making my way to Lowe's to pick up some pipe stuffing material and some mouse hotels. What fun...

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub