Jan 20, 2011

Voices of the Faithful

I had the opportunity to read Voices of the Faithful thanks to Thomas Nelson - and let me be the first to say that I don't do well with daily reading style books.  I just don't keep up the routine.  Even with Bible 365 - as often as I'd try, I would most times read several days at once, whether before it was 'due' or after to catch up. 

I really enjoyed this book - I've just about finished it so I've obviously not used it as a daily devotional -its intention, but the stories were short and it was a quick read - the perfect book to take to weekly doctor visits! :)

The neat thing about this book is that while it's 'by' Beth Moore (who doesn't just adore her?!), it's really just edited by her as the contributing authors are all missionaries.  The stories are from all over the world and share a depth that only someone 'in the field' could - some stories were easy to relate to and others not so much, but overall I liked most of the snippets.

This would be a great book to have around for those days when you don't really have time to sit and read for long periods of time, but you don't want a magazine either.  Perfect for keeping in the car waiting on children after school, in the bathroom (is that weird?!) - it would also be a great gift book as part of a basket of goodies!

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub