Sep 30, 2009

Grace

Gerry Straub... (I don't love him at all, can you tell?)

The Movement of Grace

Isn’t it odd that we pray “thy kingdom come” yet we really love and cling to this world and its fleeting pleasures. Isn’t odd that we pray “thy will be done” yet we cultivate and worship our own self-will.

I need to continually strive to make Christ present in every ambit of my life, in every encounter, every deed, every relationship. Of course, I all too frequently shut the door on Christ, or worse set up a wall around some hidden area of my being that I want to keep all to myself. It’s crazy how we seem to protect the very things or behaviors we should reject. The fact is we pray…and we sin. But where there is sin, there too is grace, overflowing and abundant. But only in stillness can we see the movement of grace. My faith may be fickle at times, but God is always faithful. Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub