Sep 16, 2009

Alone. Peace. Solitude.

Before Nola came into my life, I used to have scheduled alone time at the beach. I would go at the beginning of spring and beginning of fall. To me, those are the most beautiful beach days. I would sit on the beach with my camera and journal and watch the sun rise, walk along the boardwalk during the day, and return to the beach to watch the sun set in the evenings. I tried to maintain silence as much as possible. The spring and fall beach is perfect because few people are on the shore and nature is as perfect as it was made to be. Chandler and I will be married at the beginning of spring. It's no coincidence.

I was going through my old journal and found something I'd written a few years ago during a fall trip.

Sitting on the beach. Alone.
Watching the sun set.
Beauty.
Tranquility.
Peace.
Time stops.
My world stands still.
I am alone.
The wind blows my hair.
Is it God?
One lone boat still at sea.
Birds fly above.
Fish jump.
Three dolphins swim.
The sky is purple.
Orange.
Pink.
Blue.
Clouds disappear.
Crashing waves become silent.
The tide is low.
Slowly down, the sun falls.
Where is the moon?
Will camera catch the peace that surrounds such beauty?
Can it capture the serenity?
Create warmth on cool sand?

Reflection.
Looking over the ocean.
Comfort.

2 comments:

Britt :) said...

That's beautiful. I wish I were at the beach with you :)

Alexis said...

That is so beautiful!!

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub