Apr 18, 2009

Send Grandma to Nationals

Please tell me if you've seen a bake sale sign that's better than this one. A group of older ladies (ooooolder) selling homemade goodies to get their team to basketball nationals. I loved it! They joked that they were going to charge me to take a picture. I bought some fudge instead, but it melted before I could eat it. :(


After walking through the craft tents we listened to the bag pipes and then headed to a tea house for lunch. Mom and I splilt vegetable lasagna, blackbean salad, and a strawberry smoothie. Yum. K was also there and had a turkey salad sandwich, it was good too!

After the festival we all went on a walk but it's SO warm here today that we're all exhausted now, so I don't think I'll be trying any new things today... I'll be sure to pick up my next food combo at the grocery tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

That is a great sign and your food sounded delicious.

pippasmum said...

Not to be stupid, which nataionals were they trying to go to? I am dying of curiousity now!

Abbie H. said...

ohhhh, I love bag pipes!!!

GinSpaghetti said...

NO idea what nationals! Probably senior games, small time. I'll keep a watch out in the newspaper though and let you know if I find out any more about it! It was a parks and recreation thing I think.

DG said...

I can just see you convincing them that you NEED to take their picture. SO FUNNY! It sounds like a great time...I'm jealous of the nice weather but the paper says 80 on Thursday...I'll believe it when I see it but I SO hope it happens!

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub