Nov 13, 2010

Pebbles!

After drooling for an undisclosed amount of time Chandler spilled the beans on my Merry Christmas slightly early.  Apparently he had a plan for the 'would really love to have but will likely never get' items - I got lost in the chatter when I heard the angels sing.  Not really - but I certainly did NOT believe him.  We went to the dream store on Thursday to ask some questions since it's been since undergrad that I've used a Mac.  He was ready to take the plunge then and there.  I was still looking for some sign of sanity in him.  He spilled the beans on the idea really late on Wednesday (or was it Tuesday?) night so I still wasn't convinced I'd heard him right and that he might have been talking in his sleep.

We asked our questions, played on some systems, then went home.  I was thinking that we'd just wait a while to see what holiday deals may be available - again, he had other plans.  We ended up getting his wishlist item last night so he was determined that we get mine as well - ok, ok... so off to Apple we went early this morning.  I'm still in a state of shock.  AND - let me not forget to mention that we got a free printer!  No joke!  How's that for a holiday deal?!  It's really nice actually - wireless and it prints photos.  We already had a wireless but we moved it to the garage since it had an automatic scanner feed and this one is now in the office.  We tested it out on a sample photo and it's amazing.  AND - the guy who helped us ended up talking us down a model.  I asked him why he'd do such a thing and he genuinely (after laughing) explained that he thought it was just too much for what I would be doing on it - way cool.  His name was Jason.  If you're up this way and need a Mac, ask for him.  He was even sure to include Nola when we were talking about what/who my photo subjects would be.  He would say 'pictures of the dog and baby.'  My kind of guy.

I'm still pinching myself a little - and am totally in love!  Both with my Chan for being so sweet (and sneaky with his $ plans) and with Pebbles.  Yeah, it has a name.  I figure that if cars have names and computers can cost the same as cars, it needs a name.  No, it wasn't quite that much - but it needed a name.  Truly, it did.

3 comments:

Jill Foley said...

my violin has a name...my computer does not, but maybe it should considering I spend more time with it than I do my poor violin.

Hmmm...maybe I should just dole out my time differently.

GinH said...

And the violin's name would be _____???

Jill Foley said...

Jasmine...I used to spend 3-4 hours a day with my violin in college. Then I spent hours teaching others to play. Now I spend minutes each day, teaching my kids. At least Jasmine and I still have a relationship.

I've never named my car or house. But the girls named our van Aslan (they are Narnia freaks)

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub