Mar 5, 2010

Adios Noro!

I miss my blog!!! I hate only posting once/week... but this week I have a very legit reason for lack of posts - norovirus. Ugh, it was the worst! I have a super fab flat stomach now though! ;) I stayed in bed curled up all day on Monday and while I was talking to God during my awake moments, I couldn't help but think of Job. I thought I'd posted about Job but apparently I never put my thoughts on the screen... oops! While reading Job during my daily assignment in my NLT Chronological Bible, I couldn't help but wonder if I would still thank God during my times of pain - how did he manage to do that?! I'm such a baby and when I hurt, I'm pretty selfish about wanting to not hurt.

I did thank God though. It was the strangest thing... and I love, love, love that I'm doing this one-year reading plan! It has taught me so much that I think will continue to strengthen my faith. I was curled up in pain and half conscious most of the day, but I was thankful that I had a soft bed. I was thankful that I had running water (and a toilet, amen!). I was thankful that Nola was quiet and stayed with me. I was thankful she only had to go outside twice in the entire day. And I actually thanked God as I was crying in bed, bunched over like a crumpled piece of paper.

I'm sharing this, because I have grown. When I thought I was making strides on the path, I'm realizing that I've only just begun.

1 comment:

Nellie Dee said...

I hope you have recooped totally. It amazing how a little sickness makes us appreciate our health so much more. I have a friend with M.S. and I cry for her now because the month I spent with a headache was just a drop in the bucket compared to what she deals with.

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub