Mar 19, 2010

5 Things Friday

It's been a quiet blog lately so just thought I'd share some recent things...

1) You may remember the big furniture project we did last month - we did it again! Same type of furniture, same everything... except it is still in pieces in the sunroom waiting for a nice coat of poly before it's back home in the bedroom. The master bedroom in our house has an odd layout and we don't have much wall space. Instead of a chest and dresser, we are having to use two chests and plan to rehome our dressers. We started working on the second chest last weekend when the weather was perfect!


2) Wedding day is coming up! We [finally] picked up my dress Tuesday, shoes are still questionable, and the flower I ordered from Etsy arrived. I love it; it looks and feels real. I can't figure out what material it is, latex? Here's a sneak...

3) Can we talk about Neti Pots? Best thing ever. I'm not even kidding. I heard about these a couple years ago but refused to buy one. I even went so far as to carry one up to the check out but then promptly took it back to the aisle where I found it. Last year when I was sick for forever, I was so desperate, I bought one. It's amazing. Seriously, I love the thing. It took a little while and a lot of gumption but it works. I've been using it quite a bit this week. If you're sick or have allergies, BUY one!

4) Tulip has a driveway! Chandler used to go inside and take pictures but the door is locked now, yay! We got the driveway and sidewalk this week and we're hoping that the cabinets, floors, etc... will be next. Baseboards are in, walls are painted, and there are only 5 weeks to go!


5) It's been a somewhat frustrating week and I've decided this is the song of the week.
'No matter what kind of craziness is going on... God still has a plan and He's still in control.' - JJ Heller




JJ Heller, Your Hands (see her talk about the video via this link)

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave...
I never leave Your hands

4 comments:

jenh said...

How long have I been telling you about the neti pot??? Life changing, isn't it? The house looks so good!!! Can't wai to see it completed!

GinSpaghetti said...

I know! Can't believe I like it... mom still doesn't believe that I can stand it. It's a miracle pot. ha!

aimymichelle said...

neti pots scare me for serious.

Emily said...

I LOVE my neti pot!!!!!!

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub