Jan 18, 2012

Trick for Cleaning a High Chair

I'm linking up with We Are That Family today.  I used to participate in Works for Me Wednesday more often, but I never think about it on the right days.  Last night when I was cleaning spinach out of the high chair seams, I realized I had both a solution and the right day to share.  

We sort of skipped puree baby foods and went straight into table food with Oliver.  He caught on really quick and has a pincer like no other.  And I'm not just saying that as a proud mom.  He has been picking up his own food (even small pieces) for months.  That's when we started giving him food actually - when he had developed the skill to feed himself.  We wanted him to have as much breastmilk as possible so I nursed exclusively until he was 7+ months old.  Around 8 months old, we started feeding him a meal of solids at dinner on a consistent basis and only in the last couple weeks have we started giving him a second meal of solids during the day.  Anyway... since he's been feeding himself for months, our high chair has seen its share of disaster.  When I realized that the seams of the plastic collected food like a magnet on steroids, Chandler suggested I use toothpicks to clean it.  Brilliant.  I probably wouldn't have thought of this for a long time.
(Before)


(After)

It works for me.

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub