Feb 24, 2009

40 Days of Water: Challenge!

Challenge time!



In November, Abbie set up a Fast and Feast Challenge for Thanksgiving... I didn't fast, but I did pray during my time slot and at random times throughout the day. This idea sparked D and I to try our own challenge... but it didn't exactly go as planned...



So I'm trying yet another challenge. This time, I am going to do better!



Here's the plan... to drink only WATER for 40 Days!



We'll begin on March 1st and continue through April 9th (lenten season). Blood:Water Mission, the organization hosting the challenge, is suggesting that the money participants would have spent on beverages be donated towards their well fund. I think there are a few options here; that is one, another is sending the money to your favorite charity, or simply using this challenge as a time to reflect and remember those less fortunate and to remind ourselves of Him who truly satisfies thirst.

BWM was founded by Jars of Clay, a passionate group of musicians with a heart for Africa! Read more about how BWM was founded here.

"Blood:Water Mission is partnering with groups and individuals to empower Africans to build healthier communities through sustainable clean blood and clean water solutions, while developing social responsibility in the U.S. through initiatives that provoke personal engagement and ownership."

Blood:Water Mission has a shop on their site that has some really neat water bottles. I happen to be a fan of Nalgene myself and even contributed my two cents to our company's blog.

Don't forget to check out Blood:Water Mission's blog!

I'm sure I'll post more about this later... lunchtime blogging is just not sufficient enough! :)

JOIN ME!!!

7 comments:

Jill Foley said...

intriguing...but I don't know if I could actually follow through.

I can give up chocolate (did for over a year)
I can give up alcohol (did when pregnant)
I can give up all dairy (did when oldest daughter was allergic and still nursing)
But give up caffeine?!?!

I'll have to mull this one over.

DG said...

I already agreed so no going back now. I have to admit that I will spend the next 4 1/2 days enjoying my Diet Dr. Peppers and Sonic runs!!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Wow, good luck!

Kimberly said...

I'm in! Although I may have to 'cheat' with a glass of red wine every now and again. Thanks for sharing this great mission.

Opus #6 said...

Not a bad idea. There would be a lot less dibetes in the world if we would drink water instead of juice or soda. My secret is to keep a pitcher cooled in the fridge and put it on the table at dinnertime. Everybody drinks water and nobody complains.

Abbie H. said...

I emailed you a few minutes ago to let you know that I was in for it. I'll invite my blog readers to do it too!

Anonymous said...

That is a cool Idea. I have already given up soda for my diet. I will have to think on it. IS tea still water?

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub