Feb 5, 2009

Still sifting through my reader...



I was looking at different churches one day last year (it really was a mere few weeks ago...) and saw that one of the church's had a blog. I added it to my reader since it was local and possibly worth checking out. Here's Jason's post from yesterday.

"Just one more thought on the whole Denny's deal. It really makes me wonder what would happen if the church really understood what it has to offer and presented it like the amazing gift that it is. Would people be lining up outside our doors? I mean, think of it, people are standing in line outside to get into Denny's because they can get a free meal worth what? $5-6? And the church that should be offering hope, life, peace, love and forgiveness (that's already been paid for) is hurting for customers. Something needs to change. What can we learn from Denny's?"

His thoughts remind me of the atheist video.

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub