Aug 26, 2009

Sponsor Challenge!

Friends -- while surfing around Facebook tonight, I had a chance to chat with Kees, a fellow Compassion sponsor. He told me that he's looking for a sponsor for the above little girl, Celina. She's from Bolivia - which is awesome because Kees sponsors several children there and visits frequently. Here is a message from Kees:

---------
It was nice to chat with you today on Facebook. This little girl lives on the side of a mountain about 14,000 feet high between El Alto and La Paz. She lives with just her mother and there are 3 children in the family. I have a child in that same student center. Her name is Mishel. She is on my facebook too.

Sponsoring Celina involves:
1. Praying for her.
2. Writing her a letter of encouragement from time to time.
3. $38/month.

The order that I wrote this in is the right order. The prayers and the letters are far more important than the $38. The reason being is that the children really love their sponsors and they really look for the letters from the sponsors.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. This is an interview, that I did with the President of Compassion. It also provides a lot of information. Thank you so much for looking into helping this little girl!

Prov. 31:8,9
Blessings, Kees

--------
I've been a Compassion sponsor since 1993 and if I wasn't maxed out I would love to sponsor Celina. If you've always wondered about financial integrity of some of these organizations, I challenge you to try Compassion. They have both external AND internal audits. My friend Ceri has visited a number of her children and I love her stories about how the project staff maintains folders on each child with copies of letters, school reports, etc... It may sound like a lot of money each month to some but I like to look at it as an investment. Growing up, my grandmother paid for most everything for me... I am forever grateful for that investment as it made me who I am today. I see it the same way for these children.

What better investment is there than investing in the life of someone else?

If you're interested in sponsoring Celina, leave me a message and I'll hook you up with Kees!

No comments:

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
You don't change the world by trying to change the world; you change the world by changing yourself.
-Gerry Straub